Bambu PLA filament order

@3dtechs

Bambu is out of PLA. (gray and white gone, minimal black). PETG fairly full (black).

Bambu has also launched a Membership program that puts PLA refills down to 17/spool (16/spool for 4+ bulk). It’s currently promoted as “Free 6-month Membership with any past purchases of a Bambu Lab printer on the Bambu Lab web shop.”

I know we don’t have an active ‘central account’ for logging into the Bambu Studio and the printer, but might be worth looking into this and having members all order centrally through a Membership if possible. Would save a ton over time if someone is willing to be responsible for the Membership. Only valid if we purchased the printer through the Bambu site, though (“excluding purchases made through quotation, reseller, TikTok and Amazon.”).

I plan to continue to use the printers regularly, so can chip in for a spool on the next order.

Yes got flagged that we were out yesterday. Yea the membership is a bit tricky to manage on my end as the 3D card is a top up cash card and not a full account. I can’t pool payments from others onto the card or transfer money to it myself when I take the cash from the donation box. I just have to buy stuff on my own card. We did buy it through the Bambu site and I believe we have had the membership in use before. @asander1 do we still have this active? I can’t remember if it was active from date of purchase or you activated it later.

Yes we have it until April 2024, see this thread…

Happy to make another group order if someone can figure out who wants what…

So, at SMRRF I was confirmed that Polymaker is the OEM producer from bambulab.

I think we should look into local businesses (as UK) instead of flying stuff from Germany to China and back to UK.

2 Likes

I decided to respool the black and white PLA we had on cardboard spools and put in AMS. Also designed some brackets, a tray, and an honesty box.

5 Likes

Looking good!