Baby monitor

@Courty thanks for all your help with my baby monitor last night.
Unfortunately I must have cut the aerial to the wrong length as the reception distance has got worse since I gave it the chop.
Can you let me know how long it’s supposed to be again? You were right it is 2.4ghz.

And to make it worse I managed to pop off one of the speaker cables from the back cover. :pensive: (wife not very happy now) (EDIT: Just popped the other speaker cable of how too.) need to come down and solder them back on (preferably when someone with more soldering experience is there).

@electrotechs
Do we have any 1mm shielded cable in the space?
I might try to put the original aerial back on again this time.

Thanks.

1 Like

i can solder it if you want.
probably going to be around most of saturday.
any good?

Thanks Paul.
I managed to resolder the speaker at home (to discover son1 shredding a Mr Man book)

Might need to use your help to reattach the aerial if I can get some shielded cable.
I’ll keep you posted.

500mhz is about 60cm so 2ghz is 15cm so 1/4 of that is about 3cm

1 Like

Why aren’t you working for NASA?

1 Like

Who tells you that he isn’t? Undercover?

1 Like

Thanks Joe,
Is there a minimum thickness of wire I should use as the aerial? I’m currently using a wire from the inside of a USB cable.
(Think I’ll probably have to get some shielded wire and attach the original aerial)

1 Like

Thick as possible, it reduces the Q of the antenna ,

1 Like

Any old screend wire will not work it has to be good to 2.4 g

1 Like

Thanks [pretends to know what Qs are] of course I always prefer short Qs.

Any tips on where to get the right shielded wire from?

Will drop a bit in

Yes please, Thanks Joe,
The bit that’s left of the one that’s in there is about 1mm of that makes a difference

It’s probably have a bit kicking around

There are a few baby monitors that we got from the fab lad haul if you want to look at using one of those.
They have cameras.
However they are supposed to come in two parts the camera and a seperate monitor with a screen.
We didn’t get the monitors.

Can any one can think of a way to hack these to use via s URL?

1 Like