Admin- if this job ad is not allowed, please remove! But thought this opportunity at my work might be of interest to local makers
I’m Naomi, a keen maker on evenings and weekends, lurker on discourse but by day I’m an Engineer at SafetyNet Technologies sntech.co.uk
We’re a bit short-staffed on our assembly line, and would love to find someone who could do some part-time, in-person, temp work with us over the next 2 months to help us build our new underwater camera product
Requires attention to detail and a practical hand. Please reach out to me here or on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assembly of cameras, lamps & chargers with tasks including but not limited to: soldering, use of adhesives, hand tools, power tools
- Preparing companion Samsung tablets with correct settings and apps
- Running quality control checks on products.
- Performing functional testing and recording results effectively.
- Working with the engineering team to troubleshoot any problems or issues.
- Requires good attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work.
- Must follow all H&S protocols and demonstrate a responsible attitude in the use of hazardous tools and materials.
- Stretch: 3d printing/ laser cutting experience a plus!
- Stretch: amend, add to and create assembly documentation
- Stretch: use of casting resins
- Occasionally help with packaging up customer orders
- Days/ time: Ideally Tuesdays and Thursdays on a weekly basis (but open to alternative days Mon- Sat upon discussion to suit your own situation)
- Start date: ASAP until end of April.
- Pay: London Living Wage (7.5hr day @ £90/day)
- Location: Bermondsey, London, SE1 3SY