Arduino Day - Planning

@courty Is there any way to change the link to a blog post? (which then automatically creates a discourse thread for comments)

Of course, that page doesn’t yet exist but it needs to.

1 Like

Yes, I can edit it for another post as long as its on the same URL (southlondonmakerspace.org)

@Dermot’s idea sounds good

Courty

Here’s your URL: https://www.southlondonmakerspace.org/2017/03/arduino-day-2017/

We need

• Copy in that page
  • An event in the calendar
  • A poster, probably using copy in that page

…and possibly other things.

1 Like

Hi Paul and all, we’re looking forward for our London Arduino community to partner up with your space again for Arduino Day. Quick question: Is a limit on RSVP needed to avoid to much peeps in the space?

Do you mean for ‘exhibitors’ or guests?

I think we should have a hard look at what capacity we can achieve. We can potentially use: two large tables, textiles and electronics and 3d benches? If the @3dprinters @electrotechs and @textilestechs agree.

And possibly/probably use surfaces in Messy and potentially Woodshop? @metaltechs @silkscreentechs @woodtechs? What y’all think?

Also I’ll source a gazebos, but we might need more tables for outside. This also raises the spectre of a good old Makerspace BBQ…

And, yes we probably shouldn’t be discussing nuts and bolts stuff here…but it will do for now.

Hard limit of 60 people under fire regs
I haz a gazebo

Thanks, I meant for guests. So far we have 36 RSVP via meetup, and that’s before our newsletter and wider promotion. Since the event is running across 2 days I don’t think capacity is a massive issue but thought to check with you based on your experience of past events.

If needed, I can bring my BBQ from home :slight_smile: Might need a few spots of weld before its safe to use though… Been outside since last year…

1 Like

That would be awesome. I remember from my last visit that there is a bar in a nearby arch, would it be open?

yeah, usually on Sat and Sun, they’re open :slight_smile:

Let’s bump this up. It’s very close now. @tobyspark you have a poster? We can start some social media, which I’m happy to lead on. Poster and link – link needs tidying/linking, and splitting this off into discussion thread! – is always a good one.

Photos of projects please, and people interacting with Arduino projects.

@marc_barto yes, let’s ask exhibitors to RSVP, then we’ll have an idea what we’re up against. Anywhere we should be asking that we haven’t asked? Have you posted on Dorkbot? I’m happy to do that.

@dsikar are you bringing the guitar? Anything else handy?

@david any head/rainware available?

I’m waiting for copy to put in the poster and blog page. @Courty - I can prettify but I need to the concrete details you want in there.

This thread doesn’t need tidying 'cos it should not be being pointed to public ally anymore.

Yes, it should become just the planning thread.

And we’ll make a new thread for discussion. I think we had it working well last year.

That thread should be already made, the comment thread of the blog.

So the problem is finding it and making it obvious to people =]

Edit: hmm. No longer linked on the blog post, and a discourse search doesn’t show it. And I can’t get to Discourse’s blog category on mobile. So: this needs to be looked into.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Blog discussion thread not working

All – I’ve edited the title of this thread to make it clear this is for planning the event.

Official info should be in that blog post: https://www.southlondonmakerspace.org/2017/03/arduino-day-2017/

That blog post has a discussion thread for comments, this is where we should be posting official-ish updates and expecting to interact with non-members. Arduino Day 2017

(there’s a side discussion about the best way to manage all this from the get-go, but this is where we are right now, and it’s got merit: official info in one place, updatable from discourse, non-members get sent to a non-scary thread)

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Enclosed the official assets for AD2017

Which link do you want me to point the official Arduino page at ?

Courty

…Let’s get some copy in there. Can you write an outline of what’s happening, the two days?

slms arduino badges would be a cool thing