Arduino Day - Planning

South London Makerspace are now officially a Host for the Worldwide Arduino Day 2017 !

The event will be on Saturday 1st April and will run from 10:00 until 17:00 (or when everyone has finished)

Activities planned so far (times TBA Closer to the day) will include :-

• a free introductory ‘Get started with Arduino Workshop’
  • an ‘Arduino Show and Tell’ for members and non members projects
  • as well as some help and advice / ask the experts sessions.
    we would also run other small activities like Learn To Solder etc.

Members and non-members are encouraged to come along, setup and work on their projects in the space for the duration of the day or just come by and find out more.

I think @RichM was looking to bring one of his projects and I will bring a few bits and pieces too.
If anyone else would like to help out or bring a project along, please get in touch or leave a comment below.

Last year was a great success so i’m hoping we can be bigger and better this year.

Courty

5 Likes

Extra points for arduino based practical jokes before midday?

1 Like

Ha ha, absolutely! And no that doesn’t mean writing Atmel on a Pic…

Courty

I am officially an idiot. I never book work this far ahead, but in this case I have and I have a couple of people coming to the forge for a day’s tuition on the 1st.

I will try and encourage Sam to come, and bring a project that doesn’t require as much attention as a pizza oven. She’s got some interesting projects on the go at her school, actually - perhaps one of her students could bring the textable olive tree peace project?

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to Pizza :smile:

Would be good if Sam can come and she is more than welcome to bring her students too, the more the merrier !

Courty

Love it ,
I’m going to be there!
shall we add our event to the map?

1 Like

It is - you just have to zoom.

Courty

1 Like

I’m really excited about this! heard you talking about it yesterday. I will be there with my 8 year old. May be able to bring projects and possibly help out? I’ll have to see how much I’ve learnt by then!

1 Like

Thanks @hannahintech, any help would be appreciated and all abilities welcome.
The kids are great and sometimes easier to teach and they don’t have any idea of not being able to have a go !

Will probably bring my 9 and 12 year old boys too…

Courty

Hi,
I am doing a PhD in media and Cultural studies at the university of Sussex. My resarch subject is related to open source hardware projects. Arduino is one of the case studies but I am not a developer, hacker or maker. I would like to be there so as to observe the community, makers if this is not a problem for you.
Best,

2 Likes

Hi @Yilmaz_Aliskan would be great to see you. We might even tempt you into some making?

2 Likes

Feels like we’ll need plenty of space. We should look at how/if we can bring the other workshop areas and outside space into this.

Last year we we’re lucky to have two empty workshops in the back to spread into.

If there isn’t a April 1st Press Release about the Arduino vs. Arduino war returning they’re missing a trick.

1 Like

They settle it down, apparently there is only one arduino now, which is both companies

That was the joke. :frowning:

1 Like

oh! Sorry, my coffee still in the mug :sleeping:

1 Like

Like the expression!

wehey, very exciting.

arduino from Italy so much in the playground site
I did attend aninduction at dorkcamp fancy mabe thumb controlor sound bytes

As the first post is our landing page from the official Arduino website. Should we prune off the comments, close it, put in links to discussion, meetup page and signups? I’d do it but I’m very very short of time today.

1 Like