Anyone with shutter access in the space this evening? (26/04)

I’ve booked the laser cutter, but not sure if the space will be open past 15:30? :slight_smile:

Its the open evening so there will be someone in later on not 100% what time it starts

1 Like

Great, thanks Steven. I’ll wait outside if needed!

Open Evening is every other Wednesday at 7pm but unfortunately not this week.

1 Like

I see, thanks Kyle.
In that case, I’ll cancel my booking. It takes me an hour to get there so I don’t really want to risk it!

Well, space is open now and probably going to be for the evening, at least that’s what usually happens.

@kyle should we have some incentive for people to book space? I’ve seen recently sometimes ten people hanging around with no booking. I mean I’m not in, but someone had opened the shutter, right?

2 Likes

The problem is folks aren’t committing to staying there.

I designed a pico w project to flash an led string whenever the shutter was up but the space was not booked but it was not well received. It really stinks that people can’t use the space because others aren’t willing to fulfill their obligations!

2 Likes

I’ll put on a product manager hat. What about something like:

P1 When the shutter is opened followed by a tag scan in, if there is no booking page, text the user who scanned in “how long are you staying”, get response back, create page?
P2 When a user who has shutter accesss scans their tag, if the booking page has an end time that is less than 22:00, text the user “The space is hosted until X, if later how late are you staying?” and updates the booking page accordingly

Would that help?

1 Like