Access?

How do I know if someone is there?

1 Like

Once your membership is active and you’ve linked your account to Discourse you’ll see an icon in the top right on discourse you can click to see if the shutter was operated.

If someone operated the shutter then opened the door that likely means there is someone there, if there is a big gap then shutter operated, then nothing it’s probably closed.

Thank you! I’ve lost my fob but the shutters are open. I think I’ll have to get another

Hi Mylene,

Also: it’s worth posting here and asking if anyone is planning to be at the space, although not everyone reads Discourse of course.

It looks like your first payment will go through around 8th January, you’ll then get an email explaining the nest steps…

But you can link your account to Discouse now by going to https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/login and clicking the ‘Discourse’ button and following the instructions.

1 Like

You’re outside? Then ring the bell. However as you’re not actually a member yet you’d need someone to have you as their guest.

Ah! I see I thought I had already paid. Thank you for the info I will keep and eye out for the email.

The membership system is a bit misleading at the moment, but the update should fix this.

Get yourself a fob – if you get in – swipe it and let @directors know.

@unknowndomain are you there now?

I have a fob but have misplaced it, that’s probably why it wasn’t working. I was planning on making my way there but not sure if some is there. Do you know if there is?

No

It looks like your fob was never associated with your account. Also looks like no one in the space at the moment.

I’ll be down later, but not till after 3pm

Thank you! I didn’t have a chance to get down to the workshop but will try over the weekend.

Anyone going to be in this weekend? When?

Looks like @Barnaby_Coote and @lewisss have been using the space this morning.

Check the clock icon at the top of the page for recent door/shutter activity.

In general it’s rare for the space to not be open by lunchtime on weekends.

You can also try ringing the Space on: 020 8678 1181 however it often goes unanswered…

1 Like

Hello Dermot,

I hope your well,

Can you help me? I send a message to @Directors to connect my fob but I don’t think it has been done. I must be doing something wrong.

Kindest regards
Mylene

The method of activating key fobs has been simplified, if you are about to pop down now with the fob we can help you do it.

Hi Mylene,

I can’t find your message. I’ll ask one the other directors to associate your fob – I’m currently experiencing technical problems myself…

Best,

Dermot

Hi Mylene,

Everything is now set on the system, you just need to pop into the space and enable your fob at the new kiosk.

Courty