Access log for shutter doesn't show position up or down

could this be something which is added, I was contemplating coming this afternoon and I couldn’t really decipher the present state of the shutter.

@systems have this on their list, and correct me if I’m wrong we might even have the hardware?

In the fullness of time, yes. At the moment it has no way of sensing

It’s ususally quite obvious though. A shutter event followed closely by a door event means the shutter was opened. A shutter event followed by silence means the shutter was closed.

Doesn’t always give these events in the right order though?

Best approach is to make contact with other members and find out how long they might be there – either phone the space, or post on Discourse @'ing the members (if you can work out their @name from the log!)

Always

EDIT: Apparently not? I’ve never seen it the wrong way round…

thanks a lot for the insightful comments.

I have seen the order transposed a few times too, and from what I have heard, so have a few others. I think I recall Dermot manually inserting a note into the activity log to the effect of “not necessarily in that order” after he had entered or left the space, because the logged order of events did not make sense.

The membership system event log is far more accurate than the one in discourse, to the extent I recommended removing that discourse one, and encouraging people to use the membership system more regularly.