3D printing help

Hello Makers, I know that there should be @3dtechs printing inductions soon, but I’m in need of some quick prototyping. I’ve got the model ready to go. If there was anybody willing to get to print for me that would be amazing. Anybody around this evening? If not over the weekend. I can repay with drinks or money.

Two details that may change things: the model has a frame with the sides 1.25mm thick. Is the printer going to manage that? I did it ok on a ultimaker.

The overall dimensions of the model are 151mm x 85mm x 10mm. Is the bed going to be big enough? If not the model can be printed in 2 smaller pieces.

Any takers?

Thanks a million,
Michele

Hi Michelle,

Do you still need help with this, if so I’d be happy to help you as I need to get my teeth into something. I have only just joined the space recently but have quite a bit of experience with 3d printing on ultimakers so could have a go if the 3dtechs don’t mind.

I believe the print volume on the the ultimaker 2 3d printer in the workshop is 200mm x 200mm x 200mm, Shouldnt be a problem printing 1.25mm walls as the standard nozzle is 0.4mm I believe.

Best Regards,
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I got some great help from Mark Johnson @lewisss a few days ago! We couldn’t quite get the ultimaker to do what we wanted.

I did quite a few tests since my post, for some reason the quality of the print on the ultimaker was not great. I will let Mark understand why that happened :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot for the offer anyway!

Michele

Michele,

I was talking to Mark last night but didn’t realise he was a 3D tech Haha! Yeah these printers can be very temperamental as there are so many things that can cause undesired results! If you think you will try again, give me a shout!

Cheers,
Geoff