3D Printer SD card missing

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498952fd8>

Hi all,

has anyone borrowed or moved the sd card for the 3D printer, last seen Monday eve.

If you are planning to print, currently you will need to bring your own card to make a print.

Cheers

You’ve looked in the various PCs?

Located.

1 Like

What was located? Because due to the original blue SD card breaking, I donated the black SD card, but it was made up of an SD card casing with a tiny micro sd card in it. It was in the printer Monday night when I left, and then I found the tiny micro SD card removed and on the shelf, with no casing on Wednesday. If you have found the casing, I have the micro SD with me and will bring it in tomorrow.

Ok I’m confused. There was a black SD card with in the MAC?

There are two SD to micro SD adapters in the Altoid tin which I put there a couple of years ago

I knew it was only a matter of time… I can donate a spare SD card if required…

I am not finding the SD card in the Mac or the 3D printer - was this ever resolved / where else should I look?

Thanks!!!

Indeed the SD card is missing and my bad sorry I keep forgetting to bring a replacement. Unfortunately the earliest I can drop one now would be Saturday.

In the meantime you’ll need to use your own

I know Laurent mentioned this the other day, but https://octoprint.org if anyone is interested in taking up the challenge of setting the damn thing up?

I’ve done this previously and a RPI with Octoprint was behind the printer for ages until it disappeared. The only challenge was allocating a static ip (relying systems and I won’t open that can of worms) to the RPI as the DNS name lookup only worked if your machine had Bonjour installed and running and suspiciously someone disabled it on the mac living on the 3D techs shelves. So it felt like you doing one step in the right direction only to pushed back: sorry I digressed.

The idea I talked about recently was to integrate Tool control with Octoprint and drive the printer with Octoprint only.

No worries! Thanks, will see if I can dig one up at home…

Cheers