1 place left on Laser induction 24 Jan

The first person to reply to this post gets the place.
See details.

Hello Brendon, I would really like to sign up for the induction. I am not a member yet but have signed up in December and completed the questionnaire , I have pledged towards the new embroidery machine and been to two open evenings .

I have used Trotec laser cutter for a few years and am quite familiar with how they work so this wouldn’t be a new concept to me at all, just familiarising myself with your set up really.

I have a bit of a time sensitive commission for LGBT+ history month next month that I would really appreciate being able to get done asap so this would be amazing if there was some way I could get in on the induction this time round ?

let me know if you think this could be possible :sun_with_face:

Hi Holly.

Inductions are usually reserved for members, for the simple reason that you can’t get Tool Control access to turn on the laser if you are not a member.

Given your timing needs, we can do the following:

1. I’ll give you the space so long as a “full” member doesn’t request the place by 5pm today.
  2. I’ll note that you have done the induction but won’t request Tool Control access.
  3. Once your membership is confirmed, you can let me know, and I’ll then request access for you.

In the mean time, you can always request members (including me) to help you by operating the laser on your behalf.

Hi Holly. You are confirmed for the 24 Jan Laser induction.
You don’t need to bring anything.
You may wish to bring a memory stick to copy the induction documents for future reference.
If you would like to make a £5 donation, please bring the exact amount.
If your circumstances change and you can’t make, please let me know asap so that I can fill your space.
See you then!

Im so sorry I didn’t see this sooner! I have been pulling huge hours at work because of SWEP getting people off the street because of the cold , it’s been non stop for me.
I know its really un likely but there is no possibility that you or anyone else could run me though the basics this coming week/ next week ? I can of course bring a donation, Im so upset that I didn’t get to this sooner!

Thank you for going out of your way to get me on the induction

Hi Holly

Option 1: If your membership is active, then you can use the laser directly, once you have been inducted.
I can arrange an induction for you (and whoever else is available at that time)

Option 2: If you are not yet a member, a member can operate the laser on your behalf.
Either I can find a time to work with you, or you can post to the forum and find someone available at a time that suits you.

Regards
Brendon

1 Like

My Membership is not active yet, Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Do you know when the laser is free next week if at all? as i’m not a member I cant see that so perhaps I can be more specific when i see if anyone can host me as their guest .

Really appreciate your assistance on this !

Hi Holly,

Outside of our member’s meeting (starting at 7pm on Monday) or the welding induction on Thursday (also starting at 7), I am happy to run the laser with you an evening next week. I’m available til late. One thing to keep in mind is materials must be preapproved (e.g. ply that’s explicitly laser safe). Let me know what works best for you.

1 Like

hey Kyle thank you so much for the offer here!

don’t suppose you are around Tuesday late afternoon or evening (tomorrow) or any evening this week to run the laser with me ?

Let me know it would be much appreciated.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Holly,

Would starting at 7pm be too late tomorrow?

2 Likes

7pm would work well thank you ! I shouldn’t need too long .

Thank you !

Perfect, see you then!

Hi Guys, sorry to dive in. Would it be possible for me to join your laser induction tommorrow evening? Just got my membership last week.
If not, it’s no problem.
Cheers,
Will

Hi Will, I am not an inductor in the laser area but have reached out to the techs. I will let you know once I’ve heard back.

Hi Will. Welcome to the Space!

Kyle and Holly are doing a project, not an actual induction.
I am one of the lasertechs doing inductions, and I’ll post a new induction date soon.
However, you need to add yourself to the waiting list here.
You should also check out the other induction waiting lists here.

Hello Brendon,

Just wanted to know if you could help me trouble shoot this I was working with Tracy for an hour this afternoon and didn’t manage to get the laser to connect to the PC it was coming up with a Laser not ready notification when using Ruby.

Not sure if you have seen this before or not and if you have any tips to get it to communicate.

Thanks!

Hi. Probably wasn’t selected.
We use both Tool Control and Ruby, so you have to select them.
In the Tool Page section of Discourse, find the Trotec page.
On that page, look for the link to the Ruby manual.
Typing tersely because I am walking out the door.

1 Like