The Great Snug Clear-out II YESTERDAY

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa491624700>

A huge amount of clearing/sorting was achieved yesterday by @fincheee @iNerdier @CriticalTolerance @joeatkin2 Osum and me.

We’ve left Messy a bit messy…or ‘ready for another team’ And Clean workshop is a bit of a mess too.

More importantly I forgot that the regular RasPi group is meeting today in Clean room at 1:45. And it’s really in no fit state at the moment.

If anyone is able to go down before 1:45 and shift stuff in Clean that would be a great contribution to the Snug clearing effort.

There’s loads of shelf space in the snug: but try to keep things together and well labelled.

Anyone up for this?

I can’t get there today, but if people want to just stow stuff in there wherever they can I’ll be in Monday night to straighten things out again.

I would go down but I’ll not be any use as I can barely move myself let alone boxes.

Turns out I’m not working today so I’ll try to go for an hour to shift things, at least I have a vague idea of what we moved out yesterday.

What are all the bins of electronics on the clean area work table though, they seem like they’re taking up most of the space for workshopping, where can they feasibly go temporarily?

3 Likes

Those are the neopixels and associated PSUs from @unknowndomain @joeatkin2’s installation – they’re for members’ use. If you can find shelf space for them in the snug that would be excellent

I’ll do my best to get it at least vaguely approaching usable.

1 Like

Yes, the stuff on the clean area table was there before we even STARTED the snug clearout yesterday. As was most of the stuff on the floor in the clean room; in other words, clean was messy anyway. In fact, @iNerdier and Osum (new member) did an amazing job of organising and sorting the stuff we turned out of the snug, and left that area clearer than we found it. Perhaps the owners of those bins of electronics can return them to where they came from or find a place for them - not the snug.

I will join @CriticalTolerance tomorrow (Monday) evening to continue clearing the aftermath of Snugageddon - anyone else want to come and help?

2 Likes

Okay no can do, got here and the shutter is down. I thought I saw howard opening it earlier but I must have been wrong, so unless someone can let me in until the pi meetup I can’t actually do anything productive.

FYI: Only the neopixels are for member use.

You able to let @iNerdier in?

I can let him in but wont be able to stay…

As long as the person doing the pi meetup has shutter access I can stay until then.

@directors?

Is that ok?

Trains not running otherwise would pop over

I’ve opened the shutter.

@directors is it ok to leave him here?

Is @neill0 not with them ? He’s a member etc

Courty

1 Like

Under the circumstances, yes.

@iNerdier maybe time to request shutter access?

Hi, yes, I’m on way there. I’ll be there from 1300. I have shutter access.

Ok no worries, I’ve bought some lunch so will prob be here until 13:00

1 Like

Thanks to @iNerdier and @nico.dejong.nz for making this happen at short notice