@silkscreentechs

Ah maybe no one, but either @Howard or @Cibele_Soares_Alvare will do the honours?

Looks like @pip is first and second, not knowing you it’s not really right for me to vouch for you, @members does anyone else wish to?

Hello Techs, the meeting on Monday was good I am looking forward to get into action, we will make a cool printmaking space. Thanks guys! I will be back on Sunday with Pip to some work pop in for a bit if you feel bored! :slight_smile:

What do I have to do?

Just vouch for afshind

This could be a little clearer, and ‘trustees’ are now called ‘directors’ but it gets the gist over…

Cibel is herself not a keyholder, so not sure that is possible.

@Howard when he’s next online if you could vouch for @afshind please. Ta.

1 Like

And I will also vouch for @Cibele_Soares_Alvare to have shutter access, will need a second (again, @Howard? :slight_smile: )

+1 for both

Done

I suppose I can vouch for @afshind
http://go.sparkpostmail.com/f/a/TO_2sD20iP9qVvXx2hQEpA~~/AABSEwA~/RgRZg5rnP0EIAOvRL3YCKz0XWAQAAAAAWQZzaGFyZWRhCHN0YW5kYXJkYA01Mi4zOC4xOTEuMjI0QgoAA2dnoldAWkYkUhJoYmF0Y2hlbkBnbWFpbC5jb20JUQQAAAAARDhodHRwOi8vZGlzY291cnNlLnNvdXRobG9uZG9ubWFrZXJzcGFjZS5vcmcvdXNlcnMvYWZzaGluZEcCe30~
having
met him once, briefly

I will vouch for @Cibele_Soares_Alvare
http://go.sparkpostmail.com/f/a/tClHCfoR3mNWftRZrIRsag~~/AABSEwA~/RgRZg5x0P0EIAOvRL3YCfucXWAQAAAAAWQZzaGFyZWRhCHN0YW5kYXJkYA01NC4yNDQuNTQuMTQ0QgoAA_RooldAWtXoUhJoYmF0Y2hlbkBnbWFpbC5jb20JUQQAAAAAREVodHRwOi8vZGlzY291cnNlLnNvdXRobG9uZG9ubWFrZXJzcGFjZS5vcmcvdXNlcnMvY2liZWxlX3NvYXJlc19hbHZhcmVHAnt9
to
have shutter access

1 Like

Thanks Pip and Howard…sure we’ll see more of each now as we’re screentechs

Hi there,

I have screen printing experience but wondered if there were any experts with experience of screen printing porous textures such as leather? I have tested various paints and mediums with so so/poor results. Would love to hear from you if you can help.

Many thanks

Chanelle

beyond my expertise, but others may know, @silkscreentechs?

I’ll ask at the minesweeper tomorrow.They have plasticky inks. I’ve used
acrylic before. It’ll probably crack after a while if it’s on something
very flexible.

That would be fab, thank you. Yes most acrylics just sit on top and crack when the leather is stretched. Something that goes into the leather would be great. Someone had mentioned a coloured transfer paper before but none of the big art stores have clue what I’m on about. Nor do they have a clue about paints for leather - sigh!

Textile ink will work on leather. But if want a more even coverage plastisol ink will do the job.

Amazing! Thank you. will give that a go. I have tried textile ink but it’s not all even. Is the screen printing all set up? Do you guys have a workshop meet up?