Side lining is becoming real

Another bit is done guys!

6 Likes

Fantastic!

This means the sub-floor blocks can go in very soon!

thats really cool, looks like a great job.
How long did it take to do that side?

Cool!

I have some time today (6-7:30) where I can be in the space. Is there anything I can help with, either supervised or unsupervised? Sweeping. tidying, moving stuff around etc.?

Tonight’s open evening / soldering workshop is likely to be a very busy one, so a tidyup of the clean room would be most welcome!

We should now have a good idea of how may extra lining sheets we need?

No probs - I’m happy to do that. Will anyone else be there?

If I’m unsupervised I’ll just use common sense :slightly_smiling:

Next priority is getting the right hand dusty workshop floor area completely cleared ready for the footings to go down.

Important to consider that the blocks and timber piled on the left all need to be accessible…as they are the floor, in kit form.

Oh… But leave the timber for the frame we worked on. We need to find a good time to assemble it!

do we have a clear idea of what we are doing for putting the footings down? quick wiki anyone?
the foor is a big job but it does not require working at a height, if we nail down the specs and methodology
we should be able to be way more flexible in terms of discrete teams coming in and driving it fwd, at least for some stages of it

we could take some pressure off fore-people if we give the rest (me included) some wiki’d autonomy

Conor, you are a member of @forepeople and all this information is available in the #forepeople category. This week’s work planning topic has instructions for the footings.

this is news to me, not the good kind…i’ll have a look

1 Like

Well done all!

@joeatkin2 and @stefanoromano how much lining (if any) remains?

I will go to the Space today at around 15:30, I could sand the wall frame and perhaps put all the bits in a safe place to make some space for the flooring? Is it a good idea Dermot?

1 Like

Is very very fast, it took us 3 hours start to finish and I was with the flu and we had to plumb in the drain…

To be honest I have no idea at all! Maybe Joe knows!

I think we should leave the frame parts there, unless you can think of a safe place.

The logistical problem is that we need to take over a large area of phase 1 floor for 24 hours so the frame can be screwed and glued.

Or is there an alternative?

@dermot, @Ana_Nieto Lets get that done ASAP and then it’s in place out the way?

We just need to plan it so that @peter_hellyer can get on with the concrete blocks with me ready for the flooring and joists on Sunday?