Rubbish

It really would be good if we get this pile of rubbish sorted out.
It’s not very neighborly.

Rubbish should be put in bins and the wood dust needs to have the wood waste people come and collect. So it needs to be booked

Also it breeds more rubbish…

@woodtechs are you in contact with Quantum waste for wood and sawdust collections?

Have we got a coherent summary of the rubbish rules anywhere? (no pun intended) eg. what bags for what purpose, where they go, where the wheelie bins should live, what the codes are, any contact details for waste companies, account numbers, etc.? I don’t know many of these things…

Yes it’s on discourse.

Just search waste: Recycling & Waste Collection

A good place to find all sorts of rules and regs is the “how to” section on the main menu​:blush::blush::blush:

ah, thanks both - that’s useful. Nothing on the about the wood collection by Quantum(?) as far as I could see… Nor elsewhere after a search

Wood:

Rubbish:

On how to menu:

1 Like

Thanks! Now… About the positioning of that bike rack… :rofl:

@peter_hellyer (or anyone else with the power) could we update the wood waste post with the name Quantum? Also, do we need to give full address on whatsapp, or do they know our location if we just say South London Makerspace?
@boldaslove - I’ve bumped other thread about getting clear bags to decant wood waste before collection can be organised.

1 Like

Added Quantum

1 Like

Thanks @Dermot!

I think it would be a good idea to put the instructions on the woodshop door… maybe…?

okay!

i’ve just phoned Quantum.
i’ve spoken to the guy in charge there and we need to do two things.

1. Firstly we need to get rid of the current pile of rubbish as a one off removal.
  • get rid of any thing thats not part of the stuff going to them
  • re bag the sawdust thats in the split bags
  • then ill take photos of the rubbish and email it to them
  • they will then collect
  1. then we can either arrange a schedualed (weekly, fortnighlty, monthly, whatever) collection or just keep doing one offs when we need them
  • @woodtechs to decide on frequency of collection or to do them one offs (start with a fortnightly?)
  • where do the bags go inbetween collections? eg it would be ideal if the dust was kept in bags and in the wood in the cut off bin between collections. and the collections where done around the time the bin was getting full and a couple of bags of dust i guess.
  • let me know what you want then ill arrange this with the contact at Quantum.
  • they will then come at arranged time and location to collect

im gonna tidy the pile of rubbish up probably today or this week.
would really appreciate some help

Hopefully be down weds evening to sort those doors. If stuff still needs doing when we’re finished will gladly get stuck in.

I have Wednesday off and no Hospital appointments for a change. I’ll be around the space to do some bits.

I been working loooooong hours this week. didnt make it down.

lets do this on saturday…