Restaurant recommendations please

Hello Ladies and Gents,

My wife and I are coming down to London from the Highlands for a long weekend soon. We usually stay in the Pitney Bridge area. Our favourite place to eat was always the Camden Brasserie but it seems to have ceased trading.

Can anyone recommend anywhere decent that is relatively central? We enjoy all types of cuisine and we like places that are more casual but do not scrimp on the quality and presentation of the food. Somewhere with good food and a friendly relaxed atmosphere.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks ever so

Carl.

Errata. That’s Putney Bridge, obviously. Mr. Gene Pitney has nothing to do with it. Despite his fine singing voice.

Carl.

1 Like

Sadly my restaraunt suggestions would be no more cultured than Nandos or Prof McDonalds fried food emporium.

But you should definitely pop by for one of our Wednesday open evenings whilst you’re down? Would be great to put a face to the name!

Unfortunately I won’t be able to do that. Don’t worry though. I’m nothing special.

Carl.

By the way. This is a serious post. I am looking for genuine restaurant recommendations.

Carl.

What sort of food are you into ?

And what’s your budget?

We like all cuisines and money is no object.

Money no object…I really like the Caxton Grill, then.

Also the Vincent Rooms in Vincent Square is good value. It’s the practice restaurant for Westminster Kingsway catering students. You need to book and they aren’t too flexible with opening times but Google for details. Should be good at this time of year because the students are getting to the end of their courses!

I like Wahaca too.

Or sign up for something like Bookatable and take advantage of the special offers

For Central I’d recommend Clos Maggiore near Covent Garden. Options a little closer to Putney are the Harwood Arms in Fulham or a nice little Korean restaurant called Hana on Battersea Rise near Clapham Junction.

Salon Brixton. £33 set menu, and that’s it. They come up with something good every day, and oh is it good. Walking distance from Makerspace, too.

http://www.salonbrixton.co.uk

Thank you chaps. Clos Maggiore and The Caxton Grill look excellent.

My wife and I had a great weekend in London. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 Like