Raspberry Pi Zero : **£4**

http://pimoroni.com/zero

Blimey.

I didn’t hear any announcements about this. I am going to order a couple as soon as I get in.

Pimoroni seems to be the only place that has them for anything like the $5 that Raspberry Pi say they cost. RS and Farnell are charging £11 but with free postage.

Pimoroni will only let you buy one, but I ordered a plain one and one with a kit so I might get two…

There is one with MagPi magazine! Two work colleague did get it today I walk almost 5 miles between all newsagent only to come back empty handed :frowning: Someone else told me he bought his MagPi from elephant castle whsmith

After I read your post I had a look at the two Smiths outlets at Euston station, but came back empty-handed.

It’s cool, but with the cost of all the things to make it work…

SD card: £5
Power: £2-3
Mini HDMI Adapter: £2-3

Etc…

It’ soon adds up to being a product that is cheap but should have been a bit more expensive…

A normal USB port for example. Onboard flash instead of an SD card…

Shame because the board is great but it needs loads of things to make it do anything still and it’s completely not user friendly having USB power and USB OTG being the same ports.

It will be great however as a media player.

Maybe not 5 miles but it surely felt like a lot of walking.

I agree with Tom mini USB is a pain as most things use normal and you then most likely need a small to normal adaptor.

For powering the rpi I use the pin 2 and 6 and bring the 5V there from other electronic but that only apply if you have 5V available and avoid buying a psu for it.