Offered: Spindle Moulder and Morticing machine

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4969e2900>

Okay as we’re getting close, lets get members to send over the cash by BAC’s and push for that last £100!

Ladies and Gents. Incase you were interested, here’s some photos of the machines. Someone more eagle eyed than I will need to spot the models and makes…

Morticing Machine (I think a Multico somethingorother):

Spindle Moulder (I believe this to be a STARTRITE T30):

A vague scan about the inter-webs suggests that these guys are both about 800 quid each 2nd hand

1 Like

What a bargain!

And we get tooling into the deal

Exactly, add another 1k to the deal for tooling as well.

Pay up everyone!

Still need £100 too.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Let’s get the floor built!

Just spoke to ray and he has no problem wating for the floor to be finished

1 Like

Spindle moulder and table saw combo, loads of blades:

£free phases:3. Danger level?

Lathe: £TBA

From our neighbour Charlie

1 Like

That lathe is huge :smiley:

Both look incredibly solid, but also entirely free of safety features.

But what safety features would we expect on a lathe? They are pretty simple after all. There Was previously talk of slms inheriting someone’s dad’s lathe with its chisels and gouges (which can be expensive). Would be great to have a lathe as beginners can use them (yes yes, with care, after appropriate training etc etc)

1 Like

I was definitely talking more about that naked saw blade with the gaping hole around it :smiley:

2 Likes

The saw is extremely solid but i don’t think that we can possibly make it safe enough

The lathe look good

Table saw has got to be a no, its not going to be able to be made safe.

@tomnewsom the naked saw blade is what happens with table saws, the cover has to be removed for some tasks, it’s put in there for dust collection primarily. The big hole is just where the plate for changing the blade has not been put back, probably because it doesn’t keep the blade position the same as you angle it.

Breaking time is an issue on these tools, interlocks, 3 phase, NVR/e-stop…

The lathe might be good but it it looks wider than two mechanics tool chests so… big, too big I think.

Lets go have a look…

@Dermot That arch isn’t becoming vacant is it?

If it is. GO GO GO ??

No it’s just some tools he doesn’t use anymore.

I think we go for separates anyway? The spindle/saw is missing a lot of parts

jesus Pete, i nearly choked on my porridge, let get one arch done and sit on our laurels for a while…

2 Likes

But we are good at it now

More good news is that the mortiser is fairly loe risk and can probably be used for beginners

1 Like