New dust extractor / vacuum cleaner - purchase decision time - hurrah!

Gets my vote.

both i could live with!

Even for Clean and Messy?

Guessing he meant for woodwork as he mentions power tools…but what Mark is thinking is anyone’s guess!

Big thumbs up from me for the Metabo (woodshop) & Numatic (Messy/Clean)

My Henry is indistinctabul and fantastic.

Its also very quiet

Have we rused out the festool then. Just so know as I have asked for a quote

It’s going to be difficult to make decisions if we keep moving the goal posts.

What about having a meeting to make a clear plan? We need a set budget, and to work out exactly what we are aiming for.

That way we are buying products to fit the bigger picture rather than ‘fire fighting’ and not buying twice.

1 Like

I’m struggling to find a h class metabo to check the price. I know they make them as it’s on their own website but so far I can’t find a UK one for sale. I did find this which might be better than the numatic for hoovering clean and messy. https://www.averncleaningsupplies.com/Nilfisk-Attix-30-0H-Hazardous-Dust-Vacuum-Cleaner?filter_name=h%20class

It’s designed for building sites and doesn’t have automatic filter cleaning but does have push button filter cleaning, plus you can take the filters out and wash them which means you don’t need to replace them so often. And it has the higher level of filtration and is cheaper than the other H class options. Still not cheap though.

1 Like

I agree. We’re talking about big purchases cost-wise and important decisions health-wise so it deserves more sensible attention than we can give it in a long discourse thread.

2 Likes

I say that @sarahj should be able to make the call and buy what ever she wants

3 Likes

I like your thinking.

And in that case, my call is that we should buy whatever @AdamH thinks we should buy. :slight_smile:

Just so long as whatever you buy doesn’t need an induction to use it!

1 Like

You don’t get to doge the bullet that easily

For anyone who hasn’t met @AdamH , he was at the meeting on Tuesday and we had a chat about dust afterwards. He oversaw the expansion and redevelopment of a guitar manufacturers workshop and was in charge of dust control. So he really know what he’s talking about and can recommend something sensible. Listening to him will save us any more circular arguments based on incomplete knowledge, and cut to the chase to get the best solution. (Sorry to put you on the spot Adam!)

1 Like

My problem is that I care very much about the place being clean and healthy, but I don’t know enough about dust to know what the exact right solution is.

1 Like

Bottom line is that if it comes from a reputable manufacturer and is spect for a workshop it will probably be ok .

Saying that the karcher was hopeless

I’ve started a new thread to arrange a meeting to make a decision. Meeting to agree dust control budget & purchases

Maybe buying a new heppa filter and paper filter for the air filter box would be a good start.

The reason why the air is so poor in ther is because we are using two year old filter elemits

2 Likes

This is a good example of what we need to do…

Look at the issues we’re dealing with, and identify the solutions. Some of the these solutions will involve vacuum cleaners…

How about we get a box of filters?