New dust extractor / vacuum cleaner - purchase decision time - hurrah!

It’s not that bad , but could be improved

We have put a lot of time and money into it and it works, but it will be better

We could already do this with the karcher but all the attachments were lost within a month

1 Like

Is the karcher the yellow one that is in the space at the moment?

Whatever one we get next, we’ll have to make a wall-mounted rack for the attachments to live in. Hopefully they’ll last a little longer this time around!

Sorry if I’m being completely silly here…but LEV?

http://www.hse.gov.uk/lev/

1 Like

Where?

Probably going to lern that lesson again.

Did you look in textiles

I’m sure we can find somewhere for them to go. Doubt the footprint for some nozzles would be that great. Could hang them up off the rack holding the clamps? Would only take up the same space as 3 clamps maybe?

Building a new shelf unit there is on the .

Maybe get so 50mm box section as well ,

1 Like

A extraction nozzle rack with a specific slot for each attachment would make a very nice router induction project.

2 Likes

Assuming we need this shop vac at all…of course

Something thrown in probably too late for this discussion has anyone thought of a central vacuum system

https://www.beamcentralsystems.com/how-to-install-a-central-vacuum-system

(Just as an example not a recommendation)

I have used a similar one on a customers boat which is about the same size as the space.
It has points throughout which you just plug a hose into and it automatically turns on . Therefore space saving, quiet, and adaptable

Just a thought!

3 Likes

Something for space 3.0 I think!

Great idea.

Definitely a good idea, to atmosphere so it doesn’t matter what class it is

And in the price range

Awesome.

Wasn’t there a member in a previous discussion who posted about making one of these types of things out of a drum and some hoses?

Can’t rememebr what thread it was though. Might have been the one that resulted in the dyson cordless.

It’s a good option.

Is this venting to outside? If so this stops the need for heavy filtering but will bring in the same amount of cold air. Some equipment needs upto 800cfm. That’s a lot of cold damp air in the winter and brings a few of its own issues.

Some equipment needs hvlp whilst others need lvhp to work as effectively as possible.

That said it’s maybe nicer to deal with these issue?

I can’t be worse than the lazer

Think this link might work.

Was @Hanry who suggested it.