Mig welding workshop at LHS

LHS ? more info please.

London Hackspace.

Cheers Daniel! Would love to do some training at slms when we get welding kit setup.

On a sidenote - don’t suppose any slms folk fancy coming over to lhs tomorrow (friday) at 9am for mig welding training? I can guest you in for the morning, currently have one space left to fill, cost would be £30 to cover gas etc.

uh uh, this feel like when you tell your girlfriend that her best friend looks pretty tonight :joy:

6 Likes

Cannot make it tomorrow but 100% October onwards.

1 Like

@moderators Can we split this thread.

Done.

Wasn’t able to make this morning but welding has been on the list for a while. Would 100% be interested in a future training day.

I’m running another one this friday morning - currently have two places for lhs members available but could fit in 1/2 folk from here if they have masks/can borrow them?

Not sure if we are allowed to borrow stuff but there is definitely at least one working mask in the snug…

I’m interested…What time?

Need to sort a mask out…P2 or P3 standard?

Do you think we’d be able to squeeze in the brazing afterwards?

Unfortunately I can’t make Friday due to work… Would it be worth joining LHS and keeping an ear out for one further in the future where I can plan in a day off do you think?

One of the welding masks in the snug is mine, you’re welcome to borrow it. Can’t remember the brand off the top of my head…

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for forgetting to reply to your messages! By mask I actually mean helmet (i.e the bit that blocks light out) - my terminology could be clearer!

It’s 9am on friday morning - no charge for anyone from SLMS as I’m feeling nice - one place and you will need to sort a helmet.

Aye - we can finally do the brazing - I should be there until midafternoon or so!

Possibly - tbh LHS doesn’t run many scheduled inductions for metal kit - it’s usually a case of asking nicely if someone will, then working out availability. Unfortunately I don’t have much availability except 9-5 or very late weekday. Nonetheless - LHS does have excellent metal tools (saws, good welders etc) and is cheap (£5/month minimum) so could be worth a go.

My one in the back is a visor/helmet

Thanks @Dermot I’ll have a look for it tomorrow.

I’ll be there 9am Friday @calum_nicol …thanks!

Should I source brazing rods?

Great!

I think I might have found some rods in the back of a shelf at lhs - will have a look tomorrow and try to let you know by lunch if that suits? Though I imagine flux will be important - and I’m not really sure what’s best for stainless… @metaltechs ?

I will also check there is gas for the brazing torch…

I’m a bit under the weather today so haven’t been able to get in today check if there is sufficient gas but I suspect there will be - so feel free to bring whatever rod/flux you think. If there’s no gas we can get in and do it another time. Either way let’s do the mig in the morning.

1 Like

Argh!!! I forgot the dam helmet and the dog I was supposed to drop off tonight want it dropped off in the morning…bummed I will miss the session but I can still swing by to say hello early afternoon if you’re still at LHS.

Hope you’re feeling better.

One of the other guys has had to cancel - so you’re fine to come without
mask if you can get down in time…