Make the Space - Sunday 29th November 2015

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495e2d358>

Blockwork wall only has one doorway (fire exit to clean room)

Timber wall dims not important right now, I’d have thought?

Thanks,

Remind me on the orientation of the blocks.

We need to plan for timber walls to be restrained by masonry wall? Maybe.

Blocks will be the 100mm ones laid flat. I’ll do a quick coursing diagram and edit it into this post…

Ok. Ignore my previous - these dimensions will mean fewer block cuts once we get above door height:

First two courses below floor level. Then it’s the door.

1 Like

The postman also came by the other day. He wanted to confirm the building number and where the post box is!

Maybe these tasks could be added to the to-do list for Sunday?

The postman had put a letter in the clear perspex box on the wall outside next to the shutter. I left the post on the table near the kitchen area. Is there any good place to put post?

I’m not sure if I can make this Sunday - how late does it carry on until?

People are often there until late evening

Neads an induction so please don’t use it until me or dermat has expanded how it can rip your arm off.

Lots done today. Doubtlessly more after I left, but here are some photos I took for evidence:

Yes, you saw that correctly. All the footings are cast. Next up, blocks. Lots of blocks, we have most of the materials on site too as a result of two mega trips to b&q

Edit: we could do with getting the lining materials on site now too. That job is imminent.

1 Like

2 Likes

Today’s work… long footing is down! It took a shed load more concrete at the far end, lots of work.

Blocks laid out for the south footing. And electrics extended through lengthened black pipe. And patented acoustic baffle installed.

North footing also down.

Next job laying blocks blocks blocks.

Yours, the Makerspace elves.

5 Likes

Tomorrow night’s woodworkers might appreciate being advised ahead of time about the state that the woodworking area has been left in.

1 Like

We need to set up the old water tsnk as a setelment tank tomorrow unless anyone has other plans for it

To filter the waste water from wall construction?

It should be made very clear how to get rid of waste water.

Pouring any cement-containing water into any drain needs to be avoided completely. We’ll end up having to relay the drains.

A sacrificial half bag of sand to pour waste water into works well as a filter.

2 Likes

Had this happen to me. Not pleasant at all. brown long boats floating around the back court yard. due to a worker washing out old cement buckets down the drain.

1 Like

I demonstrated my method to Andrew last night and made a point of telling him how Important it is but as we have a tank lets use it

Good work everyone. We’re on schedule!

1 Like

What method?

Poring the tops off buckets until all the heavy stuff winds up in one bucket and water winds up in the other buckets .

@joeatkin2 has the pipe worked for the leak?

Yes two more to do

I was planning to be down to do some block work, or whatever is next important for Phase 2 construction, tomorrow (Sunday) from 11am. Is anyone else? @Members