Laser cutting group

I think it’s probably for the best :smiley:

Hey Tabitha,

it should be an opportunity to both create a useful working document but for those with less laser experience to build on there newly acquired skill. I see no reason why you couldn’t contribute.

Perfect for newly inducted laser members with no experience of using the laser cutter, to practise using the machine with those with more experience.

Ooh ok, I will join then :smiley: Will keep an eye on the thread to see when we’re meeting up!

Id be up for this , regular monday nights thing?

Cool, is a Monday evening workable for folks? Does anything else happen on a Monday?

1 Like

nope, Monday’s free

I saw some super cool rolling pins made with it! Would love to use it! Also I’ve been planning to cut felt (got the felt, designed some vector graphics, now need time to try it!!!)

2 Likes

Picture of rolling pins?

I assuming you mean laser engraved rolling puns like this:

8 Likes

Yes :grinning:

Wicked, thanks Chanelle for starting this. Monday night is good for me. I will mostly be observing to begin with tho!

To would definitely be up for this, though it is new to me so I would also be watching and learning first,

Just to be clear, this is not an induction session, but a meetup for those who are already cleared to use the cutter. Watching and learning is encouraged, but a proper induction is required before being able to use it yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would everyone be ok with a 7pm start?

I would also suggest bringing along your laptop to work on a design, I think we have two PC at the space but quite slow for design purpose.

To start does anyone have any project suggestions? If not I will suggest using a simply ply material project. I can see if I have some various laser grade thickness. Otherwise it will be the the ply at the space. We can come up with our own designs testing cutting andetching and record the results caring the the speeds and power.

Also think it would be worth keeping projects small to medium.

Happy for alternative suggestion.

Cheers

2 Likes

@StudioNelle great work on getting this running. If we see how many people are keen from tonight’s meet up we can plan future sessions with preplanned ideas on topics/projects and also acquire any materials we need for the group. If you like I will generate a list of topics/ projects we can cover and members can list anything they think is missing.
Thoughts?

2 Likes

Sounds perfect!

7pm is great, thanks Chanelle.

1 Like

I can’t make tonight, but 7pm would work great for me from next Monday onwards (not sure I could make every week, though).

1 Like

I also can’t make it tonight

1 Like

I can’t make it tonight but happy to share what I’ve learned about the rotary attachment next week

1 Like