Laser cutter left on rotary?

Some one has left the Laser cutter on rotary mode? Anyone know how to get it back @lasertechs

any joy? I was on my way to use the laser also? I found this. Looks like its in the print preparation settings?

https://www.troteclaser.com/en-gb/trotec-laser-machines/laser-machine-accessories/rotary-attachment/

Do we know if the laser was made good after stuck lens?

@lasertechs @Calum_Nicoll @Dermot @Jonathan

@peter_hellyer and I managed to get the stuck lens out and replace it with the new one and a fresh holder. I had to leave so Pete did some testing…
Still awaiting the results but as I have heard nothing I assume it’s workibg as expected.

2 Likes

The fresh holder has a crack in it - but it works, just needs care on removal.

If anyone has model of lens holder I can build a metal one.

What format do you need?

Open a different saved plate should do it. Though I’m sure there is a simpler way.

What?

What file format do you need of the modelled lens holder?

any luck on getting the rotary settings off?

Not too familiar with file types - but ideally something I can import into fusion 360.

Even a sketch is fine from top/side/front views - just need measurements, can easily make a model myself but didn’t have time to measure it today.

Settings, accessories, disable rotary, if I remember right

Another laser q - is there a way to repeat a job without using 'reset job '?

I was repeating the same job about 50 times (it was only 7 seconds/ cycle) - but after every job reset it calculated the engraving path which took at least a minute each time. I tried repeat cut lines but that only repeated the cuts and not the engraves on the job.

thanks - not going to make the trip now. but noted for future.

Cheers

Increase the number of passes for that colour? Same window as the speed/power settings, over on the right. Pretty sure I’ve used that when engraving. Why are so many repeats needed? I’m intrigued…

Unfortunately it’s not all on the same piece - basically engraving a bunch of tubes all with identical hole marks - so I can drill them out for some electronic bagpipes. I want to run the whole job again and again after I swap in each new tube.

The button on the laser which looks like the enter key will repeat the job.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Will try this next time