Is welding the solution?

The spouts snapped off. Is the best way to attach it to weld it? Do we have a mini welder that could do the job?

It holds food oil. Tried glue super glue and it fell off.

If that’s what it looks like (v thin steel) it will be tricky to weld - do you know how thick it is?

Brazing might work and be easier but I don’t have much experience with it.

Thanks Callum. Its quite thin.

@metaltechs do we have a brazing kit?

NO!

The lease says -
No flamable gases permitted in arch. Network Rail prohibition.
No space for electric welding.
No welding or brazing allowed by landlord in alleyway.

The lease has nothing to say about welding per se. Just flammable gases.

However, we do not have adequate space or facilities for electric welding.

Which is what I said

It is isn’t it.

Sorry , carry on :smiley:

Thanks for the info.

Maybe I’ll ask the metal fabricator a few arches down, he’ll probably have a brazer.

1 Like

If you get stuck/find yourself in Hackney and fancy a couple of hours of experimenting with brazing - can try it at LHS - we don’t have rods, but we do have a brazing torch that would be fun to practise with…

Is there a copy of the lease anywhere online? Be interesting to see what is explicitly banned etc? Cheers!

Flammable gases are banned. But we can get you a copy to read.

The lease actually allows for flammable gases subject to landlord approval, but not oxy acetylene.

That would be great @Calum_Nicoll !

How would we do that? As I’m not a member of LHS …although I do pass near the area most weeks.

I am a member and we can take guests in - have turned on the brazing hearth a couple of times but not actually done much brazing - but if you find some suitable wire/flux we can craic on with it - does it need to be food safe?