Is our spray booth working?

Need to spray some acrylic panels with a frost coating and doing it outside is a bit cold/windy!

Does our booth currently work? Have not used it before.

Cheers
Calum

We don’t.have a spray booth. The area in the corner of messy is for washing down screen printing equipment mainly. It would need some adaptation to be a proper spray booth.

The extract works especially when it have finished the pipework in the next few days

But i can still use spray can paint in it anyways (currently)? Have a tight deadline and it would be super useful!

Spray painting in the space

Just pull out the temporarily hose for the laser cutter and shut the end damper so that you get good airflow.

It will be interesting to see how it works

1 Like

Need to be sure not to get paint on the light box in there, it feels like this isn’t really the right thing to be using the space for, we aren’t setup for it.

Would be good to get @silkscreentechs opinion on this. The sink and lightbox would get wrecked if there was regular spraying in there, but worth some creative thinking.

Two main things to mitigate: risk of paint damage to equipment in the wash down booth, and risks to you as a user.

I imagine that no matter what the extraction is like the keys will be an appropriate mask/respirator and eye protection. If you can identify and have the right PPE and make a brief proposal to @directors we can see how feasible it is

1 Like

maybe a cover should be made for the light box but I should think some polythene sheet would do for now

2 Likes