Hi, I'm Saeed; a visitor from Canada

Hi Makers,

I’m Saeed, a member of Halifax Makerspace (in Canada). I am going to be in London for a short time and during my stay I would love to visit your makerspace. It would be great if I could meet some of you and learn about your space and interesting projects.

A little bit about myself. I’m a computer programmer by day but I enjoy working with wood and electronics whenever I can go to our makerspace. Laser cutter is the latest tool I’m trying to get more familiar with.

I will be in London on Saturday, April 28th and can be in the space anytime between noon till 5 PM. Please let me know if anyone is available on that day and would like to meet.

Thanks,

Saeed

2 Likes

Hi Saeed,

Welcome, SLMS doesn’t really keep spasific hours but Saturday is normally a day when people do visit etc.
If you’re in the area, it can be worth popping past to see if anyone is in and knock on the door to say hi.

Courty

As Saeed’s only here for a short window it would be best if someone could commit be being around to welcome him

2 Likes

Thank you so much Dermot and Court for your responses. I understand that my visit is not happening at the best time of the week. It’s not a open house night and it is weekend when people’s plan might change. :slight_smile:

How about if I send a message to the forum the night before, checking if someone is going to be in the space on Saturday afternoon. So by the time I arrive in the airport I can check the responses and decide to head to SLMS or go for sightseeing instead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes