Hi, I'd like to learn about anything

Hi all. So, I have a lot of ideas and, so far, not much by way of space, tools or experience.

I’m hoping to gradually change all of that, and have some fun and meet people along the way.

Imagining I will start with bits and bobs around the house, gradually working upwards. Definitely need some basic shelves, a dining bench and a kitchen trolley - maybe that’s a good order of progression? :slight_smile:

Woodshop induction would be the first thing. I think I am figuring out how to get towards that. However, I don’t think I’m able to edit the post containing the waiting list, and I’m not sure if the calendar is working - I am getting a Google calendar link to a Public Events calendar that just carries recurring events. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to Makerspace! I like your attitude to learning. I too want to learn everything…

You won’t be able to edit the wikis until Discourse knows you’re a member. If you’ve set up a direct debit, the first payment’s gone through and you’ve linked your Discourse account then you’ll show up as a ‘member’ and be able to edit the wiki.

Welcome to the space - there are more than enough know-it-alls here that everyone can learn something new once a week!

1 Like

I hope that you include yourself in that list
:slight_smile:

The know it alls or the ones learning? :smile:

I don’t know I have not thought it through properly

2 Likes

Nice one, Rich. That will be it: to link my account. Thanks!

:laughing:

I hope you know it all…you inducted me!

Disclaimer: any shortcomings on my part are now totally attributable to @CriticalTolerance :wink:

2 Likes

Specifically: https://members.southlondonmakerspace.org/profile/discourse