Hello, I'm Steve!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499917248>

Hello everyone,

My name is steve and I’ve just set up my DD and can’t wait to come along and check out the space. I’m hoping to come along next Wednesday to the open evening.

I am an Architect and my partner and I have set up a company making a wooden & leather travel game called OX. We launched it on Kickstarter in OXtober and were successfully funded so we’re now in production. So I was hoping to have a go on the laser cutter to see if I can make some sets. (You can have a look here if you want - http://kickstarter.com/projects/1575009124/ox-the-game)

Also, now I’ve found this amazing place, I can’t wait to get involved in all the other types of making/crafting that could now be at my finger tips! Very excited about all the prospects!

Thanks and can’t wait to meet some of you guys,

Steve

2 Likes

Cool game. Backgammon-lite, if I’m understanding it right?

Thanks Tom, Yeah you’re right, it shares some mechanics with Backgammon, and is similar in style, but it has a surprising amount of depth and strategy for a ‘lite’ game.

I can bring a couple of sets to leave in the Makespace and would be happy to teach anyone willing to give it a try.

1 Like

A board games social evening in the space some time?

1 Like

I’m game

1 Like

I take it you don’t mean backgammon on an iPhone, Monopoly on a web browser… :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds great! I have my game and also Backgammon and Bananagrams!