Hello I am Hélène

Hello, I live in Balham.
I visited the Makerspace Cambridge two weeks ago and I found it amazing. The grass is always greener on the other side, we always tend to think wrongly. I am happy that such initiative exists in South London!
I am interested in analogue film (I can hand process, hand print) in relation to hardware (artduino, Raspberry pie).
Programming rudimentary apps on Rails
I am a keen sewer and knitter.

Nice to meet some of you soon!
Best wishes,
Hélène

Welcome Helene!

Rails you say? Very interesting. If you ever feel like getting your feet wet, have a look at Hacking on Discourse

Hello Tom,

I would like to help but thats’s rather complex
Getting my way around rails and more basic features!
Best wishes
Hélène

Hi Hélène. I’m interested in analogue film too; I own a bolex 16mm camera and have done plenty of hand-processing. I’m also into arduino etc electronics so I’m interested in what you mean by “analogue film in relation to hardware”. Do you have a project in mind?

Ted

Hey Ted,

Hope you are well? …Are you interested in a Steenbeck bed? I have been trying to convince the trustees to set up a filmlab without much luck. I am going to NY at the end of May and may leave to a guy picking it up from Romania. Going to the School for Poetic Computation, might be doing some arduino stuff with analogue film making… Anayway drop me a line Cheers H

School for poetic computation? I didn’t believe that such a place existed until I looked it up. It sounds very interesting, what are you going to be doing there?

experimenting with pinhole film (or still photography) cameras and light sensors to calculate the correct aperture for exposure… sounds a bit ambitious :}

Sounds extremely interesting and something that could be done well. Good luck with it.

Hello Helene,

Sorry to trouble you, but I’ve just been thinking about the description of what it is you want to make. Isn’t it a light meter as used by photographers for years?

nice attempt for pontificating…
have you ever made rudimentary pinhole cameras?

I’m not really sure what you mean. I wasn’t pontificating…perhaps you meant to say cogitating?

I have made a pinhole camera and a camera obscura of sorts, but I confess that leaves me no clearer on what it is you are wanting to do.

Carl.