Growth Working Group Abandoned

Myself and @naxxfish have decided to abandon the growth working group for the time being, however some of the ideas we discussed may pop up in future as proposals.

Thanks for your work. Can you give a reason why it has been abandoned?
Also has the whole group been abandoned or just the two of you are no longer part of it?

Myself and Chris were really the only people actively involved, but more importantly while in this past week people did get back to us we were basically getting no where because the energy we had several months has been lost.

Personally speaking I think Makerspace has far bigger issues than growth to deal with around getting governance completed.

I’m really sorry but I don’t understand what this means. Is it that you lost interest in it, or that you were unable to do it because you had other commitments which needed your time or that you were unable to do it because there wasn’t enough support from the wider membership? Or something else completely?
Would anyone else in the group like to take over? @gwg
Will this be revisited either by the governance group or at some point when the governance group has come to a kind of conclusion?

I think the main issue with a lot of @roles is the fact that people keep hitting walls simply because most of the community use the space as a tool without any interest in keep it working and make efforts (in my case the tidiness of the electronics benches and the electronic area anyway).

1 Like