'Free' MIG welder

LHS has a surplus MIG welder that we might be able to have. Only problem is that it doesn’t work at the moment. A few people have tried to fix it, and the latest diagnosis I have is that it might be a failed relay.
Do we want it? Its s decent make and model.
I’d be happy to have a play and see if I can get it working.

Electronics waste can always be gotten rid of easily at the local recycling centre.

presumably if it can’t be gotten working?

Nah I like throwing stuff out thats fully working… I’ve thrown out 2 MacBook Pros, 7 iPhones, an iPad, and an entire data centre full of servers this week alone…

Some people say it’s wasteful, but you never can be too careful with all those spys out there!

So that’s a ‘yes’ then?

How big is it? If it can fit under/in a shelf in the snug then I say OK

Short fat suitcase sized. So yes, should fit in the snug. But I’ll take it up to the forge until it’s working.

Oh well in which case, you are welcome to fill your own workspace with as much non-working equipment as you like! :smiley:

Hi, I’m new here. I need to do a spot of welding. Not ‘spot welding’, just a little bit of welding. In more than one spot.

Anyway, are there facilities there for this, and if not am I able to bring something along? Should I come to meet the crew before rocking up or…? Is there even a crew?

Thank you for the info.

Liam

HI Liam!

Welcome, your best bet is to pop along on our regular social evening on a Wednesday. I’m sure there are a few people who are interested in welding (and there is some kit I think in the space? Think it might belong to @adamjpage ?)

I would like to have a look at it and see if i can fix it