For discussion, Loan, Shapeoko Version 2

OK, found some setting son line and it seems to be quite happy now, obviously it’s not super square, but I might try and see what I can get out of it before we reengineer it.

Other than squaring more we might also think about a big red stop button and then some limit switches.

Also I put in a different dremmel from the store room that has a UK plug, didn’t know where to find an adapter for bmslieght’s one.

It is very very noisy, but I think you could happy do circuit boards, maybe even some 3D stuff in tooling board.

It might need a sound damping box with a window to go in…

1 Like

Pip,

COOL.

Sorry for the late repy, but no did not have the calibration setting noted, but looks like you are past that stage now.

Hey, yeah I think it’s almost useable, was cutting a bit of ply, but nothing complicated though just before I stopped it to leave it started doing something weird (tool path went all wonk) so will need to check that out. Once I have it a bit more sussed I’m happy to do inductions / maintain.

1 Like

Progress @pip well done.

Hi All,

Alas, I am going to leave South London Makerspace soon. The Shapeoko on long term loan, it time for the loan to come to an end.

I like to collect it sometime. Anyone using it for a medium term project ?

Big thanks from me for doing this. And all the best for what comes after Makerspace!

2 Likes

Is one in space on Friday (29th December) to let me in ?

I plan to collect the Shapeoko ?

It’s got our spindle on it at the moment

Ok - is it mid-project ?
Where the other Spindle ?

Sorry I didn’t know.

@Barnaby_Coote

Any news on the spindle ?

Will ask for you and have a look, what sort of spindle did it have

Off brand dremel iirc?

1 Like

Any luck on the spindle ?
Is the space open this evening for me to have a look ?
(I can find my tag)

Not sure about the spindle, but there’s a few of us here at present.

1 Like

Thanks for your help Dale.