[Feedback needed] Arduino base plates for the ArduinoDay

I was thinking to laser cut some arduino base plates as a give away for the Arduino Day, something people can bring home and keep as advertise , I made 3 design, from left to right they take more time/resources on the laser cutter, I would like some feedback about the whole idea and which design you like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the middle one.

Not sure what the point is of holding the Arduino but not the breadboard, don’t need the robot barf on the right hand one :wink:

perhaps get some stickers made, reducing your laser time and will look nice.

1 Like

To avoid to scratch various surfaces and/or avoid short circuit in case one is working on a metallic not static safe surface?

1 Like

I have an arduino which i salvaged from the 3 weeks bin at LHS, still works fine, and that was years ago. lol. I did need to fix some solder joints but besides that worked fine. I guess I’m hinting at them being surprisingly robust.

No, the whole reason for this is >

Someone come to the Arduino Day , come back home with a pretty present, it show it at their friends , they notice the SLMS logo.

Is not about the plate, is advertising, but if is a bad idea, I don-t have to do it :wink:

1 Like

I think something that removes the strain between the Arduino and the breadboard AND advertises Makerspace is a great idea!

1 Like

I think it’s an excellent thing to have and give away. The middle one looks the most elegant to my eyes.

tip: You’ll get a much quicker cutting time if you do the logo in outline rather than raster engrave…

1 Like

i think its a good idea, do it, it’s cool.

+1 for middle one.

Great!

I think the text on the logotype will be too small in reality?

I’d just have the square ‘M’, and put the URL across the whole piece or inside one of the boxes.

I tried yesterday and it came out not so bad, is readable…I will prepare a version like that, run a test and if is not readable enough , try the logo and the url

As per the documentation we don’t use the logotype anymore, it’s an old logo and shouldn’t be used.

The M in the square is the logo used now.

EDIT: Also you’ve used Dosis as the typeface for the text, it should be Source Sans Pro.

says who?

It’s on our building, and on the sign facing the railway. I quite like it :slight_smile:

We already went through this months ago, and my understanding was that we’d use the square where possible, and put the text version like the website if needed.

i.e. the logotype is deprecated.

I know. I was nudging =]

1 Like

I’m quiet pleased by the result , 1 minute a board , I managed to make 12 of them :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looking good!

So…who gets to keep these? We’ll do a bit of tweeting/advertising

I think they would be randomly assigned during the day, I would say kids and students, so they can bring them back to school…

if 12 are not enough, well, the laser cutter is there, we can make more on the way

1 Like