3D printing news

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3a49c10>

Hopefully everyone is having a shiny day.

Induction:

• I will try my best to get an induction session setup for the 5/12/2017.
  • we need an other 3dtechs any volunteer welcome.
  • Any member who as been inducted and confident in using the 3d printer could induct other members from the short induction waiting list.
    Really simple
    1. The rules of usage, filament etc …
    2. The risks assessment
    3. how to use the 3D printer
    4. finally drop me a PM and I’ll add the permission

3D printer:

• Bed is calibrated
  • Bed as been primed with dimafix
  • Working condition: Acceptable
  • Somehow the printer is really often grinding the filament on loading material. I’ll need to look at this in a bit more details I don’t know if this is related to material or just the extruder gear being dirty yet.
  • Please clean up a bit and tidy up the workstation (a rather huge amount of skirts leftover found in the printer and on the floor around the workstation)

CURA slicer:

I’ve noticed that the profile loaded onto CURA was just wrong and producing really poor print so I’ve re-initialized the profile settings. So note to anyone customizing the default profile, don’t expect those change to be persisted in the future as I will regularly reset the profile to make it more friendly for everyone to use the 3d printer.
  • Software Update
    FYI A new version of the slicer as been released and I will updated it soon. It’s pretty much the same things with added feature and improve slicing performance.

Fillamentive Material:
I’ve been doing a bit of material testing from the filament that was sent and so far it seems really nice. Will be doing more testing and submit a more consequent feedback

NOTE: someone as extensively use that material, so it will be nice if you submit a bit of feedback for us to get back to the filament producer that gave the filament to the space.

SD card:
The SD card as been wiped. Just In case for the one who master the organizational skills to save their file only on the SD card duh I made a backup! (the directory is on the mac document folder and as a common sense name like backup or something like that)

Workstation:
After multitude little moment of frustration using a window keyboard on a mac I managed to get a free mac keyboard for the space. It’s not much but the 3D printing station Mac as now an apple keyboard yeah, however there is a missing key (tilda) I was told to threw it away so I decided to recycle it instead. (do I need to do anything for this donation to be official)

Happy making everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Print a tilda key in Makerspace red?

1 Like