1st wood rubbish collection

Is any one down the space?

If so, please can someone check if these bags have been removed.

The manager at Quantum is asking if they’ve been removed as the collect was due today.

The wood has been collected.
So the first collection has been done.

No reply from the @woodtechs about how often they want to have collections made, so I’ve asked Quantum to do it on the first Monday of the month. The first monthly collection will therefore be on the 7th of August 2017.

Quantum said they hadn’t had any contact from us since Conners initial discussion with them some time ago. This is probably due to some kind of miscommunication somewhere, somehow along the line.

From now on the collections will be made once a month on the first Monday of the month.

The collections will be made from the same place as the picture above.

Wood and sawdust should be placed in clear plastic bags over the weekend before the collection.

If the @woodtechs prefer to make other arrangements then they need to contact Quatum - the details are in the website.

Is it worth putting this in a how to?

Is it worth putting a reminder in the calendar?

Quatum will invoice the directors at the end of the month but it would be worth one of the @woodtechs noting how many bags are being collected that month and letting the @directors know for our book keeping.

Gracias.

1 Like

Good. This sets up something regular, so it might actually happen. We should avoid burning wood from now on.

P.S. we did have one collection from Qunatum previously – just before Arduino Day. I’m guessing as ‘big tool’ inductions roll out we’re going to be producing a lot more sawdust…

1 Like

The main guy at Quantum is called Javier.
He’s really cool.
We can contact them at any point and have more or less collections. It’s totally up to us.
We need to keep tabs on this as it will evolve over time.

I think you know that I know all that. But yes: I agree putting a calendar date on it is a good strategy.

1 Like

Can we get an answer on what happens with the waste?

Respectfully, I’m not “the waste guy”.
I’m not the person with these answers, and I don’t really want to be.

If you want to find out more you need to look at the website or contact them - their contact info is on the website.

What I’ve seen on the website suggests that they are a company set up to be a local recycling service. And from what I’ve seen they are.

If you do find out answers to your specific questions I would be interested to know what they say.

Cheers.

Thanks for arranging collection @boldaslove. To keep all details together, could details be added to:

?

Go ahead, it’s a wiki!

Are these still correct, @boldaslove?

If so, I am happy to combine.

I’ll can do it this evening.
Probably better do we don’t get Chinese whispers

1 Like

Thanks! Yes - you are best placed to write it. Much appreciated